Saturday, August 4, 2012

right now.


"There's just one life to live
And there's no time to wait, to waste"
~Give Your Heart A Break

I read an article about a 17-year-old girl who built  a computer brain to detect breast cancer. Afterwards, I thought, wow that's such an amazing accomplishment for someone so young! Then that got me thinking about my life since I'm only about a year younger than her. I want to do great things like that one day too. Not exactly what she did, but definitely the helping people part of it. Then this verse came to mind: 

"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity."
~ 1 Timothy 4:12


This summer I've been pretty lazy. I thought I already said goodbye to laziness, but I guess I didn't completely let it go. I have dreams and aspirations and ideas too. And you know what, I don't have to wait until I'm older to accomplish them. I can start changing the world today. Life is short, and you only live once. So why not just do it? Right now.

"Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So... get on your way."
~ Dr. Seuss 

6 comments:

  1. Very true! Thank you for the wonderful reminder. I agree! We should be doing great and hard things for Christ.
    Whether it's planning a fundraiser for orphans, Serving a family with a meal or free baby sitting, or even changing a siblings diaper.
    I feel sometimes that if I want to accomplish something it has to be BIG. One thing I struggle with is doing hard things that people may not see. Whether it's saying something with a gentle answer, cleaning the toilet or sharing the gospel. But no matter the size of the task God sees our hearts.(Sorry for the long comment!)

    Thanks for sharing what you've been learning. You go change the world! =)

    Blessings,
    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 so motivating and inspiring, Shelley! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5/8/12

    Heyyy..
    Just stumbled across your cute blog!:)I'm Lala,pretty new around here..So,yeah,can we be friends??

    PS:You got yourself a new follower..;)Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shelley, I been just a lazy, post roleplaying kid this summer. I need to make a change, that's so true. I hope I can create a Cristian manga or just a book with all the ideas that run in my head. Let's make a difference in the world!

    =^..^= Hunteress =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like this watching the Olympics, honestly. like, these kids are my age or younger, what am I doing with my life?! hahah. but it's so true--we can accomplish great things now. go for it!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments! Thanks for commenting on my blog! I really appreciate them! Please keep them positive! ☺

~Shelley