Sunday, May 15, 2011

Take The Wheel

I forget sometimes. I forget what He did for me, and what it really means. That the life I'm living isn't mine. That I'm not in control. At times, these things slip my memory. I am a person who tends to over-think. Or make things a little more difficult than they have to be. But then I step back, and really look at what I'm doing. I'm trying to figure everything out, when really, it's not my job. God knows what He's doing. And I need to trust Him, and leave it in His hands.

But He did give us the opportunity to make our own choices. He gave us the freedom to do what we want. And that's good. Because then we can learn from our mistakes. We learn, and grow in our faith. I'm still learning to listen to God. I heard once that praying is good, but it should be a two-way conversation. I do talk to God, but I want to work on hearing Him. As a Christian, I'm still growing. And one thing I keep on having to learn is that we're not in control. Take the wheel, Lord, I put my trust in You ...

4 comments:

  1. thanks for this beautiful reminder to not forget how much He's done for me and to trust...You always shine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this song!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! I love this song!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shelley! (and others reading this comment)! I'm going to be away for a period of time over the summer and am looking for a bunch of guest posts to keep Treble Clef lively during that time. Are you interested? If you are, email me at trebleclefblog@gmail.com and we can set up a date for you to post. Thanks!

    Sally
    thecornetcrazie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments! Thanks for commenting on my blog! I really appreciate them! Please keep them positive! ☺

~Shelley