Saturday, April 16, 2011

Beauty

"You are altogether beautiful, my darling; there is no flaw in you."


~Song of Songs 4:7


What is beauty? And what does it look like? Everyone has their own opinion, and think they know what it means. But when it comes down to it, there's only one opinion that really matters. Yours. To me, the first step to being beautiful is being happy with who you are! You've got to feel good with the skin your in! A smiling person is way prettier than someone who has a big frown spread across their face. My mom always told me that I had to like me before I could like anyone else. And she is so right!


After being happy, the rest kinda comes naturally. When you feel good, you show it! Your heart shines, and your inner beauty breaks free! I think everyone is beautiful, but for some people, it takes time for them to realize their true beauty. It's a journey for all of us. We all have those moments when we look in the mirror and start pointing out our flaws. Even worse, some point out other's flaws. But if we can just find happiness in life, we can find the beauty hidden beneath every heart.


No matter where I am on my journey, I know God is with me. He is the one who sees beauty in all! And without Him, I wouldn't be able to be completely happy in life. I wouldn't be able to live a beautiful life.




3 comments:

  1. An amazing post from an amazing person. Your words always touch my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I just wanted to tell you "hello" and thank you so much for following my blog! I really am glad you posted this--it was a real blessing to me!

    May the Lord bless your day!
    Frannie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! I love that song. It's so refreshing to hear someone sing about beauty, rather than heartbreak and other junk.

    A wonderful post, Shelley! I needed that. <3

    Em

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments! Thanks for commenting on my blog! I really appreciate them! Please keep them positive! ☺

~Shelley